One of the founding partners of Chesapeake Wealth Concepts, Mark has been in the financial services industry for over 30 years. After graduating from The University of Baltimore with a degree in accounting, he spent time with Ernst and Young, Alex Brown, and Deutsche Bank before moving to MetLife in 2011 and starting Chesapeake Wealth Concepts in 2012. His extensive knowledge of accounting and auditing policies and procedures, as well as internal control mechanisms, make him an invaluable resource to our closely held business owner clients. He has an intricate knowledge and understanding of business financial statements and their relation to the overall health and profitability of a business.
Currently, Mark resides in Perry Hall, MD with his wife of 25 years, Yvonne, and his two daughters, Hannah and Alexandra. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing with friends and clients. Also, he coaches basketball for his children and likes.
Designations and Honors
- Leaders Conference Qualifier: A company honor awarded annually to those Financial Services Representatives who have successfully demonstrated the ability to attract, develop, and retain clients by helping them meet their financial security needs.
- Certified Public Accountant State of Maryland, 1987 *Licensed, but not practicing
- Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) The American College, 2016
- 5 Star Wealth Manager 5 Star Professionals, 2014-2017
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Board Member - Baltimore County Business Association
- Federal Executive Board - Financial Education Committee
- University of Baltimore - Accounting Advisory Board
- St. Ursula School - Finance Committee
The FIVE STAR Award is granted by Five Star Professional, an independent 3rd party marketing firm. This award is not indicative of future performance or success and stems from nominations by industry professionals in a given market area and based upon objective criteria including favorable regulatory and complaint history, reviews conducted by the firm, retention rates,and client assets administered.